How does one celebrate that 27# are gone? By getting rid of 27 buckets of papers and 27 other things (clothing and household). That is why I accepted the challenge of 27 hangars.
You read that right – 27 hangars left in the closet and wear only those 27 things for 3 months.
Once the clothes are done, I will move to the shoes! Sweet Shari at 27 hangars was shocked at the number of my shoes. (And I didn’t even tell her those 50 pair exclude the summer sandals…shhh don’t tell!)
Not that things aren’t getting challenging – with events and approaching holidays, I am determined to follow as closely as I can. I am gaining ground (or is it losing it to get rid of all the papers I am going through? But I am seeing the possibility of getting through the elimination and organization process. I am hoping to finish the papers this week.
I found with the diet that what puts off cravings is really good food, so I’ve learned to eat more often and more intentionally. I’m still learning to keep myself hydrated by using a timer.
What’s keeping me motivated – 27 praises from Psalm 27:
Psalm 27 Good News Translation
A Prayer of Praise[a]
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
I will fear no one.
The Lord protects me from all danger;
I will never be afraid.
2 When evil people attack me and try to kill me,
they stumble and fall.
3 Even if a whole army surrounds me,
I will not be afraid;
even if enemies attack me,
I will still trust God.[b]
4 I have asked the Lord for one thing;
one thing only do I want:
to live in the Lord’s house all my life,
to marvel there at his goodness,
and to ask for his guidance.
5 In times of trouble he will shelter me;
he will keep me safe in his Temple
and make me secure on a high rock.
6 So I will triumph over my enemies around me.
With shouts of joy I will offer sacrifices in his Temple;
I will sing, I will praise the Lord.
7 Hear me, Lord, when I call to you!
Be merciful and answer me!
8 When you said, “Come worship me,”
I answered, “I will come, Lord.”
9 Don’t hide yourself from me!
Don’t be angry with me;
don’t turn your servant away.
You have been my help;
don’t leave me, don’t abandon me,
O God, my savior.
10 My father and mother may abandon me,
but the Lord will take care of me.
11 Teach me, Lord, what you want me to do,
and lead me along a safe path,
because I have many enemies.
12 Don’t abandon me to my enemies,
who attack me with lies and threats.
13 I know that I will live to see
the Lord’s goodness in this present life.
14 Trust in the Lord.
Have faith, do not despair.
Trust in the Lord.
- The Lord is MY light (personal light on my personal path)
- The Lord is MY salvation (part of His story is my story – redeemed)
- The Lord protects me from all danger (which includes all that overwhelms me and would divert me from the best path)
- I don’t ever need to be afraid (cannot trust and be afraid at the same time)
- When evil attacks me, it will stumble on its own
- Even if enemies attack me, I will still trust in God
- Through Christ I have authority to directly ask God for guidance
- The Lord promised He will shelter me in times of trouble
- will be made secure on a high rock so I can triumph (spiritual battles)
- I have the privilege to offer sacrifices in His temple
- Because I know Him, I will sing (in tune in heaven)
- Remembering what God has done for me I will praise the Lord
- God calls me to come worship
- His Spirit gives me confidence to say I will come, Lord (or as True Woman said it, YES LORD)
- I can review my stories of what God has done and shut up the lies that God would hide from me, be angry with me, or abandon me.
- Though I sadly have the story that my mother abandoned me in many ways, Jesus was all that she could not be for me – and more.
- I praise God for the excellent teaching of pastors and teachers, and leaders
- I praise the Holy Spirit for teaching me personally to apply what I learn
- I praise for future promises – that God will lead me safely
- I praise God that though I have spiritual enemies, I have far more spiritual encouragers and prayer partners
- I am thankful for the evidence of God moving in my life, and know that God will continue to be present in my life as He promised
- I praise God that He is trustworthy.
- I praise God that because of his past trustworthiness, my faith deepens
- I praise God that because He is trustworthy to keep His promises, I do not despair.
- I praise the Lord that my taste buds are changing and that it will continue.
- I praise for what I have been able to let go, and praise for more victory on the horizon
- I praise for improvement in areas of letting go – health having more flexibility, finances provided step by step, and more time to write that was previously taken up with managing all that was so consuming and overwhelming.
Do you have 27 things you could get rid of?
Do you have 27 things you can praise God for?