John 1:9-13 There was the true light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Being a child is a permanent designation. Biologically speaking, it matters not whether the mother and father who created the child are good parents or not, whether they are known or unknown, whatever the condition of their marriage or relationship, and whether the child is cared for, orphaned, adopted (changing the legality of parenthood), miscarried or aborted, the child will always be the child of it’s biological parents.
When one is born again (John 3:3), we are born spiritually – not by the will of man or flesh, who could change their minds, occasionally parent, or even abandon a child, but born “of God.”
When you look at the character of this parentage, you see PERMANENCE in Hebrews 13:5 where Jesus Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,” and in John 10:28 when Jesus says “I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
This birth is by choice. It belongs to those who receive Him (Christ). Who is this one who would make me a child of God?
- He is the true light.
- He is the one who came into the world to enlighten every man.
- He is the one through whom the world was made.
- He is the one who is not bound by time…the one who (see John 1:1) was in the beginning…
- He is the one who said I will never desert you. (leave behind, abandon – withdraw support)
- And He is the one who said I will never forsake you (renounce, give up, leave you alone by yourself)
- He is the one who gives me eternal life.
- He is the one who promises that no one can snatch me (take me away by force) out of His hand.
I am a child of God.
I am a child of the one true light. I am a child of the one through whom the world was made, the one who came into the world to enlighten every person to the depth of God’s love for us.
I am the child of the one who is not bound by time, the only one who could give eternal life.
I am the child of the one who will never change His mind, leave me behind or withdraw his support.
I am engraved on the palms of His hands. (Isaiah 49:16) He will not give me up, and no one can forcibly take me out of His hands.
I am God’s child.